Wednesday, 10 September 2008

New toy

Yesterday I finally received my new Nokia 6275i mobile phone from TelstraClear. It is a rebadged Telecom phone, part of their introductory mobile deal as they regroup after their break with Vodafone.

The deal gives me a free phone (though it's CDMA, not 3G, so in a few years it will have to be updated) with all the modern goodies; camera and video, MP3 player and FM radio, and best of all, it syncs with Outlook on my work PC so I have my address list and appointments at hand. This costs $20 a month, plus 29c per minute calls to any NZ number, and 500 free texts a month.

One drawback so far - the headphone jack is 2.5mm, not 3.5mm, so I have had to buy an adapter on TradeMe for $5. Still, it will all come together as I learn how to use it, I'm sure.

No comments: