Saturday, 4 April 2009

Changes at work

A couple of weeks ago, our Flexible Learning Group's Coordinator, Bill Rosenberg, announced that he was leaving for a policy position with the CTU in Wellington. After some days of indecision, I agreed that I would take the role in a relieving capacity for the next 3 months or so. I'm not a natural administrator, and I really dislike the bureaucratic bumf of budgets and endless meetings, but I guess I can cope for a limited period.

I don't plan to apply for the full time position, but maybe I'll rethink that stance after a month or two in the role. I've been intentionally stepping aside from a lot of front-line activities, in a slow progression toward retirement and to make room for others, so this is a bit of a reversal. Watch this space.

No comments: