Sunday, 3 January 2010

The Rapture is nigh

The world will end on May 21, 2011, according to Harold Camping.

Camping realized that (5 x 10 x 17) x (5 x 10 x 17) = 722,500.

Or put into words: (Atonement x Completeness x Heaven), squared.

"Five times 10 times 17 is telling you a story," Camping said. "It's the story from the time Christ made payment for your sins until you're completely saved.

"I tell ya, I just about fell off my chair when I realized that," Camping said.

Others think he may have got his sums wrong. I'll make a note in my Outlook calendar, just for fun. Maybe we can all write to him on May 22nd 2011 asking him what went wrong.

Of course, we could ask Peter Cook, Rowan Atkinson, and friends, they investigated this in 1979.

From The Secret Policeman's Ball, 1979.

No comments: