Saturday, 13 February 2010

Holidays

It all happens at once - yesterday Heather booked us a week in Rarotonga in early June, and today I've been organising a bike tour for myself up the West Coast from Wanaka to Hokitika. We'll be in Wanaka for Easter then I'll set off a day or two ahead of Heather and Elaine, who will catch me up between Haast and Jacobs River. I'll have stayed in Makarora and Haast before they arrive to take my panniers. Then it's Franz, Harihari, and Hoki, mate.

This supported cycle touring is the way to go, but I'm a bit embarrassed about putting anything on crazyguyonabike.com; I might get laughed out by the heavy duty "Mongolia on $2 a day' crowd. Still, if someone is prepared to take a slow holiday by car and carry my gear, I'll take the offer, thanks.

No comments: