Friday, 14 May 2010

Another week

Not a bad week, with plenty of work done, continuing pleasant autumn weather, a couple of productive meetings, and a general feeling of progress - in spite of the Creative Destruction being practised by the University's restructuring team. (Somehow restructuring never seems to diminish the size of the HR department.) It does explain the fact that very few incumbent staff are being appointed to the "replacement" positions that are being offered; someone has decided that new blood is needed. It's a shame about the hundreds of years of institutional knowledge that is being thrown away, though.

I didn't mean this to be a grumble, but it just comes out anyway. This is all a way of saying that if I'm not appointed to the Team Leader job (which I've been doing for a year) I won't be surprised. At least I still have my original job to return to; I was better at that than being a manager, anyway.

So - no grumbles, just pleasant bike rides to and from work, lunch at the Staff Club with colleagues, an interesting meeting about our Windows 7 roll-out, and a pint at the pub after work. Not a bad way to spend a day.

No comments: