Saturday, 6 November 2010

Moving on

The post-operative bruising in my leg is mostly gone, leaving just a bruised blue-grey foot and ankle; still pretty tender, but healing up day by day. I am using a single crutch most of the time, but I can take some steps unaided as the muscles around the hip and groin gain strength. I'm not sure whether I should be trying more unsupported walking, but I think I'll just let it develop naturally.

I'm going to return to work in another week, but I will probably do half days to begin with; I'm going to get pretty tired until I get more strength in the leg. It is going well, though, and in another 3 or 4 weeks I should be pretty much back to normal. I'm really looking forward to getting on a bike and starting some exercise - maybe today or tomorrow for a first try, with someone to help.

No comments: