Thursday, 11 November 2010

Ups and downs

After feeling a bit sore around the surgery site for two days, I'm considerably improved today. I went to the mall and walked for 30 minutes, with minimal use of my single crutch. (And bought sushi for my lunch.) If I concentrate, I can walk smoothly, but I need more practice.

I'm going to go for a bike ride, but it won't be a long one. Then another rest, before I cook dinner; porterhouse steak with mushrooms (in my new Tefal Jamie Oliver copper bottom pan, 795 Flybuy points, arrived yesterday), baked potatoes, roasted tomatoes with herbs and garlic, roasted asparagus. (Or steamed? Depends on room in the oven and available pans, I suspect.) A suitable red wine will be required.

Update: I rode for 15 minutes, covering 4.5km. That was enough for a first go, and I don't feel any unpleasant effects.

1 comment:

ross said...

Walk like a Pirate Day at the mall ay?
I hope your new Jamie Oliver pan doesn't start bleating about school dinners when it gets a bit steamed up.
Ross