Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Prepare ye

US religious sects have somehow concluded that the Rapture will happen this Saturday, 21st May 2011. This will be followed by the end of the Earth 6 months later, on 21st October. There are heaps of web sites about this, such as judgementday2011.com, all based in America.

I was worried that these believers might get their timing wrong, because they probably think that the 21st May is timed for the USA. After all, most Americans are baffled to find that NZ dollars don't have George Washington on them, so they are bound to be US-focussed with the date of their raising to Heaven. I'd hate them to be late for lift-off, so I thought I'd email the web site asking for advice.

Here's my email: I'll post any follow-up here. Watch this space.
Can you please tell me when the Judgement Day will begin? As New Zealand is 18-20 hours ahead of the US, I guess it will strike here first - but that will still be the 20th May in other places. How should I set my clock for the Judgement Day?

--
Thanks in advance for any help you can share,

Gregor

Christchurch, New Zealand

1 comment:

Mayra said...

Did anyone see the picture of the controversial billboard that was recently put up by another spiritual group near Family Radio’s headquarters? It directly challenges them about May 21. Here is a picture of it:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62779138@N08/5708063636