Wednesday, 14 March 2012

More holiday plans

I've been looking for a combination of some free time and a Grabaseat deal to go to Wellington to see my brother and sister-in-law's new house at Otaki Beach. This morning I did a quick phone call to check it was OK with them, then nabbed some $59-each-way tickets, so we're having a 4 day weekend at the end of April. With Anzac Day in the same week, that will be a very short week, and then a 4-day week to follow.

At the end of April I will have worked 11 years at UC, and I must start planning to do something with the two weeks of long service leave I qualified for last May. We're currently wavering between northern Queensland (including a Whitsunday yacht charter, then Cairns for a Great Barrier Reef tour, and the Daintree Rain Forest) or skiing in Canada or Japan, or going to the UK & Scotland, or New York (with a cycle tour in the fall colours in Vermont, of course). No wonder we haven't made a decision. We'd have to wait another year or two anyway, to save the money - having lots of leave is all very well, but actually doing it is expensive!

No comments: