|Queensland from top to bottom|
- Saturday 14th September - Fly to Cairns via Auckland, rental car to Port Douglas (66km). A week to explore the Great Barrier Reef, Daintree National Forest, Atherton Tablelands, and crocodiles.
- Saturday 21st September - All day train journey (740km) from Cairns to Mackay. Staying a few days with Trudi and Mike O'Brien and their boys.
- Tuesday 24th September - To Airlie Beach, start a 4 day yacht charter with Queensland Yacht Charters, sailing the Whitsunday Islands.
- Saturday 28th September - Finish yacht charter, back to Mackay.
- Tuesday 1st October - Evening train, overnight sleeper to the Sunshine Coast (800km).
- Wednesday 2nd October - Leave the train at Gympie, transfer to Noosa.
- Six nights at Noosa, beaches and exploring Fraser Island.
- Wednesday 9th October - Bus to Brisbane (140km). Two days in the city for some shopping and exploring.
- Friday 11th October - Return flight to Christchurch.
Here's the type of yacht we'll be sailing for four days in the Whitsundays - a Sunbeam 34, made in Austria.
Don't ask what it's costing, I lost track weeks ago! It should be a great trip, with a mixture of activity and lazing about, as holidays should be.