- In April, Heather noticed a lump in her breast, and in June she had a mastectomy, followed by radiation treatment in September-October. She's just had follow-up checks, and is all clear of cancer, so after a scary start it's all worked out OK.
- In July I finished 7 months of the "only a month or six weeks" relieving as E-Learning Team Leader. Nick Ford has picked up the permanent job and is breathing new life into our operations.
- In August, I ruptured my quadriceps tendon, skiing at Mt Hutt. I had immediate repair surgery, several months in a leg brace, and more months of physio - I'm 95% fixed now.
- We went to Auckland for the Rolling Stones concert in November.
- I bought an electric-assisted bike - it's wonderful!
- We had a nice Christmas, starting with a week in a bach in Nelson, and a visit to Cam and Jen in Otaki Beach for Christmas.
- Alice bought an apartment, and is a happy homeowner - about to undergo EQC repairs, but it all seems well organised.
- We are planning a holiday in the Whitsundays, with Nicky and Merv Sarson, renting a catamaran for a week in August. We hope to see lots of whales and do lots of snorkelling.
- We've got tickets for Fleetwood Mac in Dunedin in November this year.
- I'm planning to retire in December. Heather is keeping her options open for a while.
Tuesday, 31 March 2015
I noticed that it's been a year since my last post to this blog, so here's a summary of events in the last 12 months.