Tuesday, 14 April 2015

Boat for sale

A decision has been made, and my trailer sailer yacht Impulsive is officially for sale - for the princely sum of $4000 or offers. I bought it in 2000 or 2001 (I honestly can't remember, it was a long time ago) so we've had 12 or 13 years of sailing. It's had the mast repaired, a new outboard motor, major trailer repairs, a repaint, and lots of minor tinkering with winches, rigging, and fittings. I think it's worth more than the asking price, but as Heather pointed out, we've had our money's worth over the years. And small yachts don't sell for big prices, so there it is.

I won't be completely beached, though - I'm now involved with two friends in another boat, a larger yacht with some accommodation room. It's a Noelex 22 that has been extended, with a stern section added, but it sails well. This boat needs some tidying up, so at least I know what my retirement project will be. And I still have plans for a Jim Young 3.5m stitch and tape sailing dinghy, if I get really ambitious.

No comments: