Thursday, 20 July 2017

Still here

I don't want to delete this Blogger site, there may come a time when it's just what I need. In the meantime, you'll need to follow me on Facebook.

Brief update for the curious: Heather and I are both retired, but we're both still doing a few days' work here and there. I'm doing 3 days a week until Xmas at Lincoln University, in their e-learning unit, doing staff support for their Blended Learning Project. Heather is going to spend August being the front office receptionist for Shirley Boys High School.

Physically, we're well - Heather swims a couple of times a week, I walk our mini schnauzer Lotte in the mornings (Heather does afternoons) and bike a bit - plus sailing in the summer. We still ski occasionally, but I'm slowed down after a ruptured knee tendon accident in 2014, so my skiing is a bit limited. I have an e-bike to get around town, and a mountain bike for dog exercising in Bottle Lake Forest. Cycle touring and tramping have been relegated to the list of Things I Used To Do...

In summer we intend to do lots of camping trips, usually 3 or 4 days in duration - we have a really comfortable two-room tent, plus tables chairs stove etc, so we can quickly set up a temporary base (with dog, of course). We also have a 12ft Sunburst yacht on a trailer, which is a great way to carry tents, tables, etc - and to go rowing, motoring, or sailing when we get to a destination. That lets us explore all sorts of places - watch this space.

No comments: